John and Natalie meet and discuss her business. John suggests that he do the tasks listed below for Natalie.
1. Hold cash until there is enough to be deposited. (He would keep the cash locked up in his vehicle). He would also take all of the deposits to the bank at least twice a month.
2. Write and sign all of the checks.
3. Record all of the deposits in the accounting records.
4. Record all of the checks in the accounting records.
5. Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation.
6. Transfer all of Natalie’s manual accounting records to his computer accounting program. (John would maintain all of the accounting information that he keeps for his clients on his laptop computer.)
7. Prepare monthly financial statements for Natalie to review.
8. Write himself a check every month for the work he has done for Natalie.
For Part I of the assignment, identify the weaknesses in internal control that you see in the system that John is recommending. Can you suggest any improvements if Natalie hires John to do the accounting?
Part I should be a minimum of two pages in length. Please use APA format. While there are no required resources, please be sure that any sources used have proper citations.
Natalie decides that she cannot afford to hire John to do her accounting. One way that she can ensure that her cash account does not have any errors and is accurate and up-to-date is to prepare a bank reconciliation at the end of each month. Natalie would like you to help her. She asks you to prepare a bank reconciliation for June 2020 using the information below.Accounting homework help
Additionally, take the following information into account.
1. On May 31, there were two outstanding checks: #595 for $238 and #599 for $361.
2. Premier Bank made a posting error to the bank statement: Check #603 was issued for $425, not $452.
3. The deposit made on June 20 was for $125, which Natalie received for teaching a class. Natalie made an error in recording this transaction.
4. The electronic funds transfer (EFT) was for Natalie’s cell phone use. Remember that she uses this phone only for business.
5. The NSF check was from Ron Black. Natalie received this check for teaching a class to Ron’s children. Natalie contacted Ron, and he assured her that she will receive a check in the mail for the outstanding amount of the invoice and the NSF bank charge.
For Part II of the assignment, complete the tasks below.
· Prepare Cookie Creations’ bank reconciliation for June 30.
· Prepare any necessary adjusting entries at June 30.
· If a balance sheet is prepared for Cookie Creations at June 30, what balance will be reported as cash in the Current Assets section?
Part II can be completed in either Word or Excel. If you are completing Part II using Word, submit Parts I and II in one Word document. If you are completing Part II using Excel, upload Part I as a Word document and Part II as an Excel spreadsheet in Blackboard.Accounting homework help