Please view LinkedIn Learning: “Data Visualization: Best Practices” with Amy Balliett, (Links to an external site.) pagetutor.com/trillion (Links to an external site.) and The MegaPenny Project (Links to an external site.) before starting this assignment.
- Search online for examples of infographics. Use Google to perform a web search for “infographics.”
- Consider how the infographic accomplishes its goal of communicating complex statistical, scientific, medical, procedural or logistical information in an easily digestible VISUAL format..
- Write a 300-word analysis essay, in Times New Roman font, 12-point type size, double-line spacing, and 1-inch margins:
- First paragraph should be an introduction of what you plan to write about. Describe your chosen infographic. What is it, where do people see it, what does it consist of, and what is the goal of the message?
- Second paragraph should describe what information the viewer can derive from the infographic and how you believe the infographic accomplishes its purpose. Explain how the infographic relates to you. For example, in a weather map, explain the significance of the visual symbols that appear in your part of the country. If you were a stock broker, explain when would you buy or sell, based on an infographic of the stock’s performance. If you were a doctor, explain how a diagram of the human body might help a patient understand a medical condition.
- Third paragraph should summarize or “wrap up” the essay in a satisfying way. In other words, the three paragraphs should, “tell them what you’re going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you’ve told them.”
- Include a digital image of your selected infographic, or include a URL to the location of the infographic on the web. Architecture and Design homework help