Total possible points: 200
Intro: One in every 4 Americans will die of heart disease. While the incidence for men has gotten better, for women it has not.
In a minimum 8-9 pages (includes cover and reference page), double spaced document, APA format. Discuss the effects of Heart Disease on the body of a woman in menopause. You are always welcome to go over 9 pages, (do what you need to do to get your questions answered). Be sure to answer each of the following questions in your paper.Article Writing Homework Help
1) Which physiological (body) systems are affected by heart disease and how are they affected. What does the disease do to the body that is negative. (do not discuss genetic heart deformities of the heart please)
2) What are the differences to consider if the female patient has had the heart disease diagnosis for 25 years or was recently diagnosed? What does their body look like inside and what is the person thinking if they have had it 25 years? What about newly diagnosed women? This question is more about logic and thinking about the body systems and the persons attitude towards the disease but there are articles that discuss the mental part of this diagnosis.
3) What is the difference between an older woman with well-controlled heart disease and an older woman with uncontrolled heart disease? What are they thinking and how are they acting? What is happening inside their body?
4) What special nutrition related considerations might there be for the elderly woman patient with heart disease as opposed to a 35 year old female patient with heart disease? What are they thinking and how are they acting? How is an older person’s lifestyle different than a younger person’s?
5) Please include a cover sheet and reference page so minimum length is 8 pages.Article Writing Homework Help
Appropriate sources for current research on this topic are peer-reviewed research articles (try searching in PubMed via the library – The Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is an example of a peer-reviewed journal, or your book, or the references in your book at the end of this chapter, or American Heart Association, or American Medical Association). Cite all your sources in the text paragraphs like this ex: (Robinson, 2014) and you should have a lot of these in your paper. Please also put the full reference at the end on the reference page in APA format. If you don’t know already, peer reviewed means that other health professionals have reviewed it and think the document is legit. Non-peer reviewed is someone just writing their opinion in an article or blog and it is just that…their opinion. Do not use opinions unless it is yours. If citing from web pages they must be legit sources. Again, can you go over 9 pages?…. of course, make it good. I would love the idea that you enjoyed writing this and learned a lot and did not think it was a chore and just counting pages and words. Remember, your mother, grandmother, aunts, neighbors, patients, current and future spouses and maybe even yourself might be one of the 1 in 4 afflicted. Be a part of the solution, not the problem.
I will be looking for the following criteria in your paper.
1. Were all of the questions above answered satisfactorily? (120 points)
2. Were appropriate sources (peer-reviewed articles) utilized for research? (40 points) Minimum of 3 and your book is NOT one of the 3. Use the UH library people to help.
3. Were all sources cited and included in APA formatted bibliography? (20 points) (APA format is on Blackboard if you need to look at it)Article Writing Homework Help
4. Entertainment value (was it interesting)? (20 points)
Again, if having problems finding sources, at the end of the cardiovascular chapter in the book has some, also the American Heart Association or the AARP websites are good starts, look under research or articles tab. And also go to the UH library and search under PUBMED. The librarians can help you.