Science can be defined as a systematic approach to acquiring knowledge. Science is based upon facts and evidence rather than beliefs or superstitions. To understand Biology and science, you must first examine how scientific knowledge is obtained. Science is a process that involves several steps. Read the description of the steps involved in the scientific method in the text paying close attention to the steps outlined in Section 1.3. Then pick one of the examples below and describe the steps of the scientific method you would use to test the question or find the solution to the problem. In other words, please design a virtual experiment (using the steps of the scientific method) to test the hypothesis you make about one of the questions listed below.Be sure to identify the steps (observation, hypothesis, prediction, experiment/test, controls, results, conclusions). Biology homework help
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
- Will chilling an onion before cutting it keep you from crying?
- If you shake up different kinds or brands of soft drinks (e.g., carbonated), will they all spew the same amount?
- Do all breakfast cereals that say they have 100% of the U.S. recommended daily allowance (RDA) for iron really have the same amount?
- Are all potato chips equally greasy (you can crush them to get uniform samples and look at the diameter of a grease spot on brown paper)? Is greasiness different if different oils are used (e.g., peanut versus soybean)?
- Does eating breakfast have an effect on school performance?
- Do the same types of mold grow on all types of bread?
- Does increasing the ethylene concentration ripen fruit more quickly?
- Can you use a household water filter to remove flavor or color from other liquids?
- Does the power of a microwave affect how well it makes popcorn?
- Can you tell/taste the difference between ground beef, chuck, and round after they have been cooked?
1. Student submitted an appropriate and substantive post to the original assignment. This includes addressing all of the original questions/issues in a grammatically correct and logical manner
2. Assignment submitted on time and on a different day than other posts
3. Assignment met word count. You MAY use quotes from a source, but those quotes will NOT count towards your 250 word count requirement.
4. An appropriate scientific website was referenced. MUST put quotation marks around it AND you MUST cite the source at the end of your post. It is NOT simply enough to put a source at the end. You should also include at least one reference in your post. Do NOT use Wikipedia or Yahoo! Answers as a source. Biology homework help