Objectives: To demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities, and to articulate an informed personal response and critically analyze works in the arts and humanities.
Assignment: Read the readings and watch the films posted in Module 8. Students will write the Discussion Board 4 to demonstrate what they have learned about Islamic philosophy and literatures. The discussion must answer the following questions:
1) What observations and remarks can you make about Islamic literatures and philosophy? Demonstrate and show your observations and remarks by writing a one paragraph response of 7-10 sentences. Computer Science homework help
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
2) Explain the philosophy of any one Islamic thinker/philosopher. (One paragraph of 7-10 sentences; write specifically and include the thinker/philosopher’s name, years of life, location, contributions, etc.).
3) Analyze a poem of your choice from the assigned poems. (One paragraph of 7-10 sentences).
4) List and explain one quote from the Quran. (One paragraph of 7-10 sentences; include the Quranic quote with chapter and verse numbers in your answer).
5) What lessons can we learn from the stories of the Arabian Nights? (One paragraph of 7-10 sentences).
6) Research, compare, and write about the Rihla (travel writings) of Ibn Jubayr to the Rihla of Ibn Battuta, Marco Polo or Zheng He (compare Ibn Jubayr’s travel writings to ANY ONE of the other three listed travelers). You may also compare Ibn Jubayr to another explorer (Vasco da Gama, Christopher Columbus, Amerigo Vespucci, etc.), if you wish.
ADDITIONALLY, students MUST respond to any two of their classmates’ Discussion Board posts in a meaningful and substantial manner. Computer Science homework help