The literature review is to be 1500 words and needs to address strategic issues affecting Health Information Management Service/Departments. The literature review is intended to provide information for the second part of this assessment in terms of future issues impacting on the strategic direction of the Health Information Management Service/Department.
Topics to be addressed in the literature review are:
- Discuss what a strategic plan is
- The importance of strategic planning
- How you can identify issues for inclusion in a strategic plan
- Stakeholder importance and involvement in strategic planning
- The value of a strategic plan for the Health Information Management Service/Department
- Identification of issues impacting the Health Information Management Service/Department that can be addressed in the strategic plan.
- Strategic Plan (Part 2)
Using information gathered from the literature review in terms of strategic issues identified that impact on the Health Information Service/Department for the future time period of 2017-2022, develop a strategic plan for your service/department. The written section of this report is to be a maximum of 1500 words.
The strategic plan should address the following as a minimum:
- Executive Summary
- SWOT Analysis
- Identification of strategies and how specific goals will be developed to achieve these strategies
- Development of a Vision and Mission statement for the Health Information Service
- Risk Management and Identification
- Strategic Plan map/overview (on one page)