Your final paper should run about 7-10 pages and is due on the last day of class. You should also be prepared to give a brief presentation on your paper during the last week of classes. You may choose to collaborate with one or two other students on this project. Economics homework help
This is a traditional research paper. You should begin with a question or series of questions, your account of research and the state of debate on your question and a conclusion based on your research.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
The topic must be related to the theme of the course – the development and current state of the economies of Asia. Possible topics may include:
· To what extent have (one or more) economies of Asia relied on state-led development?
· What has been the role of export-led growth in Asia (or in a region or a particular country)?Economics homework help
· How important has the use of capital and exchange controls been in countries that have used them (India, China, Malaysia)?
· Are the growth rates of India and/or another country or group of countries sustainable? Are they accurate?
· What is/was the role of trade with China and Japan in the development of other economies in Asia?
· To what extent has the development of Asian economies (or a particular country been driven by low wages?
· What do social indicators tell us about the state of human development in Asia (or in a particular country or region)?
· How have economic reforms in, for example, India, China and Vietnam affected living standards and social indicators?
You may also choose a historical topic, like whether conditions improved for working people under Maoism in China, whether India’s five year plans were successful in alleviating poverty.
These are just ideas. You may choose to write on any relevant topic. A case study of a country we didn’t cover or from a region we didn’t cover (like central Asia) might be interesting. You will need to submit a one-two page proposal by November 17 and speak briefly about it in class. (Be prepared!) This is so that I can make sure your topic is manageable and related to the course.
Grades will be based on:
· The specificity of your question and overall topic.
· Good use of sources and quotations to support points and show the current state of discussion/debate on your topic.
· Quality of writing.
· Structure of argument in answering your question and deriving a conclusion.
· Good use of data to support conclusions. Economics homework help