Writing for Change – Draft letter, 15%
(based on the article “I secretly lived in my office for 500 days”)
Important: follow the guidelines provided on Transfer Assessment, Part 2. (posted under week 7)
– Write a letter of concern, complaint or disagreement along with your proposal or recommendation to one of the official persons mentioned or implied in the article. (writing a letter to the author himself/herself is also permitted). English homework help
– Establish the topic of your letter based on one of the issues discussed in the article (you can use the ideas generated in class with the teacher during live session, so your notes will come handy). Put the letter topic on the subject line.
– Apply both logical and emotional appeals (strategies) to be more persuasive – one of each will be enough (use handout “Ethos-pathos-logos posted under week 5)
– Use the outline of the draft letter included in the handout posted. (Transfer assignment, Writing for change, Part 2.3). Write 2-3 sentences for each of the points provided. Follow all the instructions precisely!
– Use the PPT “Introduction to APA Citation” posted under week 6, to create a proper reference page and to apply an in-text citation correctly
– The word limit of your letter is about 700-800 words, including in-text citations from secondary sources (see Writing for Change, Part 2.4)
– Follow the student samples posted, they will clear many of your doubts!
– Double space when you type.
-Don’t forget to put your name and student number. English homework help