1. Business owners should take the time to discuss the control each will exert over the organizations activities because it creates clear and concise structure within the organization. For example, this helps with clear delegation within each department and will help save any confusion on what needs to be done and when it needs to be done. Managers will have set regulations on department activities which may differ based on leadership style and expectations from team members. If there is no clear delegation then this can cause confusion and will affect not only the team but will affect other departments that they work closely with. Management is responsible over any deadline that is missed and or any work that the team could not complete. This puts pressure on the managers which is why they are strict about setting expectations. This is the reason why it is important for business owners to discuss the control to ensure smooth transition in meeting deadlines.
2. Discussing the control each business member/entity exerts is primarily based on the different business structures. English homework help
A business can either be:
- Sole proprietors- This is the most common business structure. This business gives complete control to one owner.
- Corporations- This a more complex structure. This business is comprised of shareholders and board of directors. A director is the head and most be elected in. He or She has a limit on how long they can manage. Members of the corporation have to comply with regulations and tax requirements.
- Partnerships- This usually consist of two or more owners. Each member has a contribution to the business. It can either be monetary or job skill. Each member expects a return on what they put in. How control is distributed in this type of business is very important. Lack of legal printout of responsibilities are end a business
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)- LLCs are quite popular. In this business structure the corporation becomes its own entity. This entity handles the responsibilities of the business.
Who does what and how is crucial to how a business is run. This decision is very important so a legal layout must be implemented which defines the rights and liabilities of each member of the business. This layout also defines the owner’s personal liabilities, their lifespan, ownership and control. This decision has long term connotation.
An inability to come to a decision on what degree of control each member has can result in managerial deadlock. This can affect the activity and flow of a business which can in turn affect profit, business reputation and business stability. English homework help