The Case Study will focus on a historic or current leadership issue in your discipline or major that occurred no more than five years ago. You will discuss and assess the leadership issue. The case study issue will lead to the Research Paper where you will develop a plan to resolve the issues identified. The purpose of the case study is to identify leadership issues related to a public safety event. The more issues you identify with leader(s) involved of the event, the easier the Research Paper will be. History homework help
Do the following:
- Make sure the case study is leadership based and not just a problem
- Pick a historic or current leadership issue in your discipline or major that occurred no more than five years ago
- Select a public safety event which you will use as a lens through which you will assess applicable leadership issues associated with the actions leaders took in response to the event. History homework help
- Incorporate the course materials into your assessment of leadership issues, i.e., apply what you have learned about leadership so far to how leaders responded to your chosen event.
Avoid the following:
- Confusing an “issue” with an “incident.” Pick an incident, such as a natural and man-made disaster, terrorist attack, civil uprising, etc.
- Selecting an organization as the subject of your Case Study (remember to pick a public safety event)
- Conducting an organizational assessment (don’t confuse an organizational with leadership assessment)
- Identifying technical, management and/or organizational deficiencies and describing them as leadership issues (refer Module 2, especially Table 2.1, to identify true leadership issues)
- Attempting to solve the problems identified in your case study here (save all of that for the research paper)
The body of the Case Study shall be 5-7 pages, excluding other material such as the cover page, table of contents, abstract, graphics and tables, and references. The paper shall be presented in APA (7th edition) format, all margins shall be 1”, 12 point font, and be in either Arial or New Times Roman font style. In the following descending order of preference, information sources must be either peer-reviewed articles, government reports, or other sources approved by your instructor. Internet information sources from other than authoritative sources are discouraged. See the Case Study grading rubric for more information. History homework help