Human Communication Research Paper
This assignment introduces the importance of self-perception in the communication process. The way others view us directly influences the way we view ourselves. These two views often support or discount our effective communication. Be sure to review the information on perception in chapter 2 of the textbook before starting this assignment. Human Communication Research Paper
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
· Explain the influence of perception on the communication process.
· Textbook: Communication in the Real World: An Introduction to Communication Studies, Chapter 2
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Consider the perceptions of others and your self-perception.
3. Write a two- to three-page paper that describes your communication style. How have your background and experiences shaped your communication?
4. Ask two individuals, such as close friends, workmates, or relatives, to write a couple of paragraphs describing their perception of your communication. Human Communication Research Paper
5. Consider the perception process and the elements that influence the process. Compare the two descriptions from your “friends,” and address the following questions:
a. How do they compare?
b. Are they similar?
d. Why would they be different?
6. Integrate concepts from the textbook and any others that interest you to explain your assertions and analysis.
7. Identify who you have asked for feedback and include specific quotes from what they said.
8. Be sure to have a cover page, running head, and page numbers for this assignment.
9. When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission page by the end of the workshop. Human Communication Research Paper