By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies: Human Resource Management homework help
In the career for which you are preparing, where will you look for ethical guidance?
- Employer: contractual obligations, employee handbook, corporate culture.
- Colleagues: fellow workers, deserving respect, productive relationships.
- Clients: honest treatment, service with dignity, contractual obligations.
- Profession: fellow practitioners, counterbalance to employer, code of conduct.
- Personal: individual commitments, personal responsibility, integrity.
All of these overlapping concerns may create conflicted situations. Professional association codes of ethics commonly deal with a number of concerns:
- Expertise: qualifications for practitioners, continuing education.
- Research: informed consent, plagiarism, shared publication credit.
- Privacy: record keeping, protecting confidentiality, public statements.
- Relationships: harassment, conflicts of interest, workplace behavior.
No matter how extensively the professional code is spelled out, it cannot cover everything, and it often overemphasizes enforcement. It is more helpful to take a positive approach, thinking aspirationally about how best to handle challenging situations.
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.Human Resource Management homework help
- What concrete situations in your workplace might give rise to ethical dilemmas?
- Does the professional code of conduct provide any relevant guidance for these cases?
- Where else might you turn for reliable advice on handling each of these situations?
- How can workplace colleagues productively resolve disagreements about such issues?
- When might your own personal ethical convictions conflict with the advice of others?
Please remember that these are practical questions. The point is not to deal abstractly with philosophical issues, but rather to develop useful skills everyone can apply every day.
Imagine management at your future workplace tasks you with making a formal presentation to your team discussing a workplace ethical dilemma they might face. You consider an appropriate professional code of conduct, but only to the extent that it might offer useful guidance in this situation. The central task is to help everyone work together productively in resolving tricky issues.
For this assessment, fulfill the management task and create an audiovisual presentation that applies a professional code of ethics to common workplace situations. Submit your work as a narrated visual presentation in the courseroom submission box. You may develop a series of annotated PowerPoint slides, for example, using Kaltura to record the audio portion of your work. If you are more familiar with other presentation software, you may use that, so long as your submission satisfies all of the required elements of the assessment.Human Resource Management homework help
Include the following in your narrated visual presentation:
- Apply a professional code of ethics to this workplace situation.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of the selected professional code of ethics.
- Explain methods for resolving ethical disagreements productively.
- Describe areas of one’s personal disagreement with professional standards.
Note: Include in your presentation slides or annotations a full APA-style citation of any quotation or paraphrase from the professional code or other sources you choose to employ.
Your instructor may provide video feedback on your work, in addition to completing the official scoring guide for the assignment.
Submit this assessment to your ePortfolio.
- Communication: Create an audiovisual presentation that applies a professional code of ethics to common workplace situations.
- Media presentation: Create a minimum of 6 slides, 12 minutes total in length, with notes or a transcript to ensure accessibility to everyone. Upload the presentation.
- Resources: There is no minimum number of resources required; however, use your judgment to ensure your topic is thoroughly researched.
- APA guidelines: Ensure resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and format. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings.
- Font and font size: Use a font of appropriate size and weight for presentation, generally 24-28 points for headings and no smaller than 18 points for bullet-point text. Human Resource Management homework help