Kali virtual machine Assignment Paper
Create one script does one of two things. It either creates a backup of your directory or performs a security check to be sure the files have not been changed without you knowing.
Your script must do the following:
1) If the user wishes, it performs a backup of your home directory structure.
2) If the user wishes to do a security check, the script checks if any files in a directory have changed (use sha1sum and diff). You will need to create a temporary file to hold the new data so you can compare the two.
Your code should also do the following:
Create a maintenance log of who (username) and when (date) the hash checks were completed. Store the date and name in a file called maintenance. If the file already exists the code should append to the end.
• Make sure you check to be sure if you can read the file and you can write to it before doing it. If you can’t print out an error.
• The script should print out the name of the file(s) that changed and its old and new hash.
• Prove that your code works.
I have an incomplete code please help me. Kali virtual machine Assignment Paper.