For this discussion, appraise and analyze the existing situation or condition of your selected health issue or problem intervention by completing a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis of the community you intend to focus on. Provide a SWOT analysis summary of the following:
- Strengths: What are the strengths and positive attributes of the community? Include resources such as people and their skills, programs, organizations, capital, and so on.
- Weaknesses: What needs improving? Identify the limitations and deficiencies of the community. Include such things as limited resources, lack of personnel, lack of expertise, and so on.
- Opportunities: Where are the good opportunities available in this community? Identify services that can be offered, or problems the community is addressing, that can be included in your capstone experience.
- Threats: What are the barriers to improving health in this community? Identify conditions that might prevent the services or improvements from being achieved. Nursing homework help
There are many free SWOT templates and analysis tools you can use, and many are available on the Internet. If you do not have a preferred SWOT analysis tool, you may use the template available from the PHIN Communities of Practice Resource Kit, found in the Resources.
Post your completed analysis template to this discussion.
Please choose posts that have had few responses thus far and refer to the Faculty Expectations Message for discussion response guidelines. In your responses, identify any additional strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, or threats you believe they should consider. Also, what additional comments and questions do you have for your peers?
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Assess population needs, assets, and capacities that affect communities’ health.
- Explain activities and resources to be introduced and used for this program.
- Describe the projected goals for the program. Nursing homework help