USE GOOD ENGLISH NOT BROKEN.OR YOU WILL HAVE TO REDO THE PAPER.
Read The Power of God in Paul’s Letters. Select a passage discussed in the exegetical section of this
book and interpret this passage by adhering to the following guidelines:
(If you have a special interest in another Pauline passage, you may select this passage.)
1. Interpret this passage by pointing to its place within the broader context of the relevant Pauline
2. Analyze the structure of this passage.
3. Describe the main message of this passage.
4. Consult at least one scholarly commentary and one or two journal articles if appropriate.
5. Full text journal articles are accessible through the ATLA database.
6. Please use footnotes (to refer to commentaries, etc.) and include a bibliography.
7. Conclude your paper by applying the message of this passage to your own life and the church in
the 21st century.
More information will be given during an online Wimba seminar in preparation of the term paper.
The following book is a valuable resource on exegetical method: Fee, Gordon D. New Testament
Exegesis. A Handbook for Students and Pastors. 3rd Edition. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press,