To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review “ Descriptive Research: Assessing the Current State of Affairs” on pages 14–16 in Chapter 1 of your course text, Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences, focusing on the differences between qualitative versus quantitative research.
- Review the article, “From Single Case to Database: A New Method for Enhancing Psychotherapy Practice.” Pay particular attention to the differences between quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Using the Walden Library, choose and review a research study dealing with an area of forensic psychology in which you are interested and which uses quantitative analysis. Psychology homework help
- Consider how you might design the study you selected using a qualitative approach (e.g., case study, action research, etc.) and why you would do so.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a brief description of the research study you selected. Then explain what makes this a quantitative study and how you might design a study on this topic using a qualitative method. Provide a rationale for doing so. Be specific.
Stangor, C. (2015). Research methods for the behavioral sciences (5th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1, “ Introduction to Research” (“Descriptive Research: Assessing the Current State of Affairs” section, pp. 14–16)