Choose a disease or disorder to research and complete and submit a Written Report on a word document. The disease or disorder can be associated with one of the chapters covered in this course.
Epilepsy, Spina Bifida, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s Disease, Congenital Heart Disease, Hemophilia, Cardiovascular disease, Celiac Disease, Crohn‘s Disease, Lung Cancer, Leukemia, Hodgkin’s Disease, Asthma, Tuberculosis, Glomerular Disease, Cirrhosis of the liver, Diabetes (Type 1 & 2), ALS, Leprosy, AIDs, Fibromyalgia, Muscular dystrophy, etc.
- If you want, you can use one of the example topics, however, you are not required to use the example topics provided. In addition, you are not required to obtain approval from the instructor for your disease or disorder topic of choice. Make sure that you are addressing all criteria within the assignment Science homework help
The following must be included in your written paper:
- Title Page:
- Title of your disease or disorder
- Visual of the disease/disorder
- Include first and last name, panther Id, date, course
- General detailed overview of the disease or disorder
- What part of the body does it affect?
- How does the disease or disorder affect the body?
- Include pathological information: How does this disease affect the body system? How would the body system function normally?)
- Forms or other types of the disease or disorder
- Explain the Causes
- What causes the disease or disorder?
- How is the disease or disorder transmitted?
- Explain the Incidence
- How many people does this disease or disorder affect?
- Does it affect a certain age group?
- Does it affect a certain ethnic group?
- What is the Mortality Rate?
- Explain the Signs and Symptoms of the disease or disorder
- Explain the Diagnosis
- What tests do the doctors run to determine whether a person has the disease or disorder?
- Explain the Treatment
- What are the treatment options?
- Is there a cure? If not, how can one maintain a level of health?
- Explain Prevention
- Are there any ways to prevent this disease/disorder?
- Discuss relevant information? (First aid, current research, Foundations, etc.) related to your disease/disorder.
- Discuss the reason why you chose this disease/disorder (a case you read or experienced/story of someone living with this disease).
- Reference Page:
- Must include a minimum of TWO references (APA format). Your references can be from refereed journal articles, textbooks, and or credible Internet sources. Science homework help