Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Minimum of 1 outside scholarly source (in addition to the textbook/lesson)
EBOOK: McLean Scott, (2018). Exploring Interpersonal Communication (2nd ed.) Boston, MA: Flatworld
Initial Post Instructions
Perception of messages is not as straightforward as we need it to be, nor as easy. Additionally, in our changing society, we are learning how to interact with people who culturally have different beliefs, values, and attitudes. For the initial post, address the following questions. Use the provided headings, and, under each heading, answer the question in a full paragraph. Please use your textbook and an outside scholarly source in your post, and make sure you cite both sources using APA formatting.
- How can our understanding of perception help us become more effective communicators?
- Think of time when you interacted with someone from a different culture. Using the communication model, how did your conversation evolve? Was there a miscommunication
- What could you have done differently?
- Place your two APA citations in this section. Science homework help
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside scholarly source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Content: Addresses all aspects of the initial discussion question(s), applying experiences, knowledge, and understanding regarding all weekly concepts.
Evidence & Sources: Integrates evidence to support discussion from assigned readings** OR online lessons, AND at least one outside scholarly source.*** Sources are credited.*
Professional Communication: Presents information using clear and concise language in an organized manner (minimal errors in English grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation).
Credited means stating where the information came from (specific article, text, or lesson). Examples: our text discusses…., The information from our lesson states…, Smith (2010) claimed that…, Mary Manners (personal communication, November 2017)…
**Assigned readings are those listed on the syllabus or assignments page as required reading. This may include text readings, required articles, or required websites.
***Scholarly source – per APA Guidelines, only scholarly sources should be used in assignments. These include peer-reviewed publications, government reports, or sources written by a professional or scholar in the field. Wikipedia, Wikis, .com websites or blogs should not be used as anyone can add information to these sites. For the discussions, reputable internet sources such as websites by government agencies (.gov) and respected organizations (.org) can be counted as scholarly sources. Outside sources do not include assigned required readings. Science homework help