General information: This discussion relates to this week’s learning objective: Examining Child welfare policies and social worker roles. Identify older adult development in societal context. Discuss skills used in gerontology, school, and child social work.
The purpose of this discussion is to help you evaluate how a client’s developmental stage impacts their roles, expectations, and attitudes. Additionally, you will become more familiar with how society regards people in certain life stages and places expectations on them. You will also begin to identify skills, values, and roles that social workers play across the life-span. You will be expected to apply course concepts to your client’s case.
First Read the Harjo Case Study. Harjo Case Study ( attach file #1) Also read through the supplemental information on the city of Globe. Harjo Case Study-Globe Supplemental Information ( attach file #2). Then address the following questions in your response:Social Science homework help
1. Based on Tony’s biological age, in what stage of human development is he? Cite the specific stage in Erikson’s Human Development theory. How is Tony’s human developmental stage relevant to the case? What unique ethical concerns arise during your client’s stage, and how would you address them? (Hint: Ch7 Talks about birth – 18. See the handout in the module for Erikson’s stages of development. )
2. What are two social welfare programs (Macro Social Work) that your textbook mentioned that you think could help the Harjo family based on their presenting problems and needs? Why did you select these two programs? (Consult and use your course textbook for specific social policies/programs. Hint: Ch 7, 8, and 11 have some specific policies/programs, as does the rest of the textbook.)
3. Based on Ms. Harjo’s biological age, in what stage of human development is she? Cite the specific stage in Erikson’s Human Development theory. What kinds of attitudes does the public display toward people who are in the same human developmental stage as your Ms. Harjo?
4. How could you help Ms. Harjo navigate the attitudes and expectations she faces from society?
5. What is one question that you have about your case study/client and its relation to this week’s module material?Social Science homework help
this week material:
-Examine human development with older adults in society.
-Review Social Work practice with older adults.
-Identify Social Worker roles, skills, values, and ethics in Gerontology.
-Distinguish emerging concerns and issues in Gerontology.