Educational and Learning Achievement of Children: A Sociological Study of Lucknow Slums.
Objectives of the Study
The main objectives of the study are to:
1. Examine the achievement scores for the Ist and Vth Grade competencies in language and mathematics;Sociology Homework help
2. Examine the variations in mean percent achievement scores between Government and private schools;
3. Analyse the availability of schooling infrastructure, teachers and other facilities in the selected schools.
Hypotheses of the Study
1. Poor socio-economic status of the family adversely affects the education of slum children.
2. Lack in schooling facilities lowers the educational opportunities and access among slum children.
3. Higher educational opportunities, access and equity leads to higher achievement level among slum children.